How do you know if your partner is having an affair? Unless you catch him or her red handed there is no sure fire way to know for sure. However, many who have an affair leave tell-tale clues behind. None of these by itself is necessarily a sign that someone is cheating, but the more of these you check off the more likely it is that your partner is having an affair.
1. Is your partner paying more attention to his appearance? Has s/he all of a sudden bought a new wardrobe? New hairstyle? Suddenly needing to look their best when going to the grocery story, hang with his buddies or some other activity in which they normally wouldn’t care about their appearance?
2. Does your husband/wife not allow you access to his or her computer? Have they password protected it? Is s/he suddenly staying up late to “work” or “play game” on the computer? Do they never use the computer when you’re around or suddenly shut it down when you enter the room
3. Does you spouse have to suddenly work late? Does s/he suddenly have travel obligations with their job? Is there any kind of break in their normal routine for no apparent reason? Simple trips, such as to the grocery store or bank, take hours rather than the time it should take.
4. Is your husband/wife secretive about texting or cell phone calls? Do they try to deny you
access to seeing the bill?
5. If you do see the phone bill does it show an increase in unexplained toll or long distance charges? Is there one number that seems to come up over and over again, either in phone calls or texts?
6. Does your partner get a number of calls where they hurry to answer the phone or leave the room to talk? Do s/he answer “No one”, “Wrong number”, or “Why do you care?” when you ask who was on the phone? 7. Does your partner head straight for the shower or bath when they come home (only if this a recent change in behavior)?
8. Has your spouse suddenly needed to keep a change of clothes in the trunk of the car, work or the gym.
9. Have you notice a sudden increase in ATM withdrawals?
10. Do you notice credit card charges for gifts (such as florist or jewelry) that you didn’t receive?
11. Have you found a diaphragm, condom, birth control, etc. that is not yours or not part of your regular birth control routine?
Again, there is no single sign that says your partner is cheating. But the more of these you answered “yes” to the more likely it is that your partner is having an affair.
To learn how to save your relationship watch the free surviving infidelity workshop!