1. Do you tell your friend more about how your day went than you do your partner?
2. Do you discuss intimate details about yourself, your life or your partnership with your friend that you don’t talk about with your partner?
4. Would you feel comfortable if your partner heard your conversation with your friend?
5. Would you feel comfortable if your partner saw a videotape of you and your friend alone together?
6. Does this friendship have any sexual tension? Do the two of you touch differently in private than in public?
7. Do you and your friend touch differently when you’re alone than in front of others?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you are having a level of emotional intimacy with your friend that is lacking in your partnership. The more questions you answered “yes” to the more intimate the relationship with your friend is.
Watch a free video to learn how to recover from an emotional affair.